Prep School Physical Education Teacher
CGPS Mission Statement
CGPS nurtures each student’s unique passions and talents inside and outside the classroom, unifying and inspiring members of its community in a rigorous but relaxed learning environment, preparing them for the finest colleges and instilling in them the confidence, ethical values, and sense of purpose to embrace challenges, to achieve their dreams, and to improve the world.
Physical Education Teacher
Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School is seeking a full-time, high school physical education teacher to teach a combination of general physical education courses and specialized electives.
- Bachelor’s degree in the subject area
- Have at least three years of experience in teaching Physical Education
- Demonstrates history of skill encouraging physical activity, health-related physical fitness, and a lifelong commitment to sports and recreation
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and adapt pedagogy, curriculum, and assessments for students with a range of skill levels and learning styles
- Dynamic, creative, and growth-oriented
- Have excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Teaching the PE curriculum, which includes fitness, wellness, and sport, as assigned in grades 8-12
- Coaching at least two seasons in the Middle and/or Prep School athletic program
- Participating in grade-level meetings and team planning meetings with PE colleagues
- Prioritizing the safety of students and athletes in all settings
- Helping to plan and execute school-wide events hosted by the PE and Athletics Departments
- 7:30am-3:30pm Monday through Friday
- Weekly faculty and department meetings until 4:30pm
- Start date: August 2023
The salary range for this role is:$71,000-$118,500.
We also offer exceptional benefits, and a warm and supportive culture.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume by applying to this post.
Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions on the basis of race (including hairstyle), color, religion, creed, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender and gender identity, gender expression, national origin, alienage, age, pregnancy, marital/partnership status, immigration or citizenship status, status as a veteran or active military service member status, disability, genetic predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, prior arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, unemployment status, sexual or reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law (collectively, the “Protected Characteristics”).